Friday, October 17, 2008

Publication of my book

I am pleased to announce that my book on the reception of the [Hebrew translation of the] Kuzari has now been published by Cambridge University Press. For information from the CUP catalog, see here.

I think my argument is a sound one but I'm sure that some people (hopefully not everyone) will disagree with some of my conclusions. I'm also sure I've made some mistakes along the way although hopefully not too many or ones serious enough to undermine my conclusions. I'm also sure that I've missed some interesting references to the Kuzari in Jewish literature of the period I considered (1167-1900). It's possible that some of those references would have caused me to rethink some of my conclusions; it's also possible that some of those would have strengthened some of my arguments.

So I've started this blog as an experiment. If you find a mistake please e-mail me and I will post it. If you have come across references to the Kuzari in the period please e-mail me and I will post them. (I do reserve the right not to post things you send me if I feel that you are gravely mistaken or if you send me a reference to something that I did deal with in the book.)

No comments: